The Biotechnology program is designed for four semesters. Each year two semesters (Fall and Spring) are offered. The course work is distributed evenly over two semesters and the final (3rd and 4th) semesters are mainly reserved for research work and thesis writing. The M.Phil in Biotechnology has two categories of total 30 Credit Hours as per HEC rules.
- Courses (24 Credit Hours)
- Dissertation (06 Credit Hours)
|Profile Picture||DR. Younas Khattak|
|Asst Professor in Department of Biotechnology
Completed PhD, in 2012 from Huazhong Agric University wuhan,China.
Major Groups/Subjects Biochemistry & Mol.Biology
The courses in category 1 use the prefix MBTand a 3-digit number as code.
List of Courses
|MBT.701||Advances in Microbiology||03||00||03|
|MBT.702||Advances in Cell & Molecular Biology||03||00||03|
|MBT.703||Recombinant DNA Technology||03||00||03|
|MBT.704||Research Methodology in Biotechnology||02||00||02|
|MBT.705||Lab Technique I||01||00||01|
|MBT.706||Advances in Immunology||03||00||03|
|MBT.707||Molecular Basis of Plant Breeding||03||00||03|
|MBT.708||Microbial Enzyme Technology||03||00||03|
|MBT.710||Lab Technique II||01||00||01|
|Semester 3 & 4
|—||Research and Dissertation writing||—||—||06|
Grand Total: 30 Credit Hours
- The completion of M. Phil. program and degree awarding is contingent upon successful completion of a minimum of 24 Credit Hours of course work and 06 Credit Hours of research work.
- The allocation of the Dissertation topic will be with the consultation of concerned supervisor.
- Dissertation will be open defense.
- Course(s) will be offered subject to availability of resources and resource persons.
2nd to last Semester fee Rs:41,000/-
LIST OF ELECTIVE COURSES
|Hospital Waste Management||2+1|
|Water and Waste-water Treatment||2+1|
|Bio fuels and Bio refineries||3+0*|
|Cell and Tissue Culture||2+1|
Weightage of theory and practical credits may be changed by an institution depending on the laboratory facilities available