Admission can be sought in the morning or evening classes. The latter being especially designed to cater to the needs of the people already in service. Following procedure is used for admission in various programs:
- A student seeking admission must have passed the last requisite examination in at least second division. The prerequisite for undergraduate and graduate programs is HSSC (Intermediate) and B.A./B.Sc. respectively subject to having passed relevant subject in the last examination.
- The applicant should fill in the form neatly, attach requisite documents and submit the form to the university office.
- Two recent passport size photographs (3cm x 2cm). One photograph duly attested by a gazetted officer be pasted on the form and the other attested on the back may be attached.
- The candidate may be required to appear in the admission test and/or interview. Information about admission test may be obtained from concerned Academic Department of the University.
- The selection will be based on applicant’s performance in SSC, HSSC, B.A./B.Sc. (if applicable and admission test and/or interview. Selection is based on merit.
- A list of selected candidates will be displayed on the notice boards by due date.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to acquire information about their selection.
- The selected candidates are required to present original academic documents personally to the admission office for verification.
- Admission to M.Phil. andPhDprograms will be subject to the passing of Entry Test administered by the Department, GRE (subject) or as may be advised by HEC.
Note: Admission form is available at the end of the prospectus.
Cancellation of Admission
The admission of a student is liable to be cancelled if:
- the dues are not paid by the due date.
- a student is involved in an activity prejudicial to the University interest.
- a student remains absent from classes of any course without permission for one week.
In genuine cases re-admission may be allowed subject to payment of readmission fee of Rs.5,000/-.
Equivalence of O-Level and A-Level Grades
The equivalence of O-Level and A-Level with F.Sc./F.A. should be obtained by the candidate from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) and attach with the application form for admission.
Foreign nationals are required to submit No Objection Certificate (NOC) from HEC and the concerned Ministry and valid visa at the time of admission.
Medium of Instruction and Examination
The medium of instruction and examination for all programs is English except languages. However, students may opt to answer the Pakistan and Islamic Studies examination and B.A. Examination in Urdu.
Payment of University Dues
All university dues (admission, registration tuition fee, etc.) shall have to be paid in advance every semester. However, in deserving cases the payment may be allowed in installments.
Scholarships/fee concessions are granted to deserving students.
A student is required to maintain at least 75% attendance in lectures, practical, fieldwork, etc. in a semester to be eligible for appearing in the mid-term and the final examination.
Transfer of Credits
- Transfer of credits earned at other recognized institutions is allowed up to 50% CH provided such courses have been passed with at least 50% marks and are in line with the course outlines of MIU.
- Transfer of credits will be allowed provided the courses have been completed within the preceding two years.
- The fee for transfer of credits shall be Rs.3,500/- per course.
Deferment of Studies
A student may defer/freeze his studies for a maximum of four semesters/two years at a stretch with prior approval of the respective Dean. However, a deferment fee of Rs. 6,000/- per semester shall be payable in advance.